Upon completion of this course, students will have/be:
• Acquired substantial skills in using technical English as lawyers;
• Capable of thinking about law in English;
• Capable of understanding and discussing a US court decision;
• Capable of applying legal reasoning in English to a set of facts;
We will be doing so by studying the area of TORT law.
- English legal terminology and legal English;
- Intentional Torts;
- Defenses to intentional torts;
- Strict Liability;
- Invasion of Privacy;
- Torts to property;
- Review of the course.