The aim is to give the student an in-depth understanding of the regulation of the food and wine sector, by focusing on the European Union but also to include the broader context of the WTO regime.
At the end of this course participants will have acquired:
- On the relationship between the aims of the players in the field of food law and the content of the law;
- On the content and functioning of the core area of EU food law;
- On how law affects food safety and the position of interested parties.
- To describe the multi-layered structure of food law and the role of different players involved at national, European and international level;
- To find the relevant sources of EU and international food law in a given case.
- To formulate a legal problem statement, and to conduct legal reasoning and analysis of food related cases;
- To perform an analysis of the legal dimension of food related issues.